1. That Stephen Harper is firmly in charge of the government.
2. That he has, in Tom Mulcair, a worthy adversary.
3. That the Liberal Party, disregarding all past warnings about its problems, has embarked on yet another “white knight” strategy, ensuring its irrelevance for years to come.
4. That the baseball playoffs are about to start.
5. That the NFL has finally gotten its act together.
6. That the NHL has not.
7. That the weather is starting to cool.
8. That the US presidential election features nobody worse than an overestimated politician going up against an underperforming one.
9. That people are fussing over tainted beef instead of tainted turkey.
10. That, after today, I will do no more Top 10 lists for the rest of 2012.